**JTF 2021 UPDATED AUDITION INFORMATION**
Thank you for your patience as we’ve finalized our audition plans for JTF 2021. It’s been a wild year, and we’ve been working at breakneck speed behind the scenes to adapt our program in this ever-changing environment. We are excited to announce that AUDITIONS WILL CONTINUE on Sunday, August 2 as scheduled—with some modifications in place to operate as safely as possible.
Via a special “JTF Friday” on July 31 (two days before auditions!), iTheatrics will be announcing some BIG, exciting changes coming to JTF 2021. DO. NOT. MISS. It’s BIG. We couldn’t be more excited about the opportunities next year has to offer our students.
– Auditions will now be held at Masters Upper Level Dance Studio (4100 Greenbriar Dr #100, Stafford, TX 77477), a large, open studio space where iStage staff can adequately apply social distancing measures with our auditioners.
– All students interested in auditioning will now be required to schedule an audition block according to their age group. Students will audition with a maximum of 4 other students in their audition block to allow for adequate social distancing within each audition block. Ages 8-12 will audition in a 20-minute block between 2:30p-5:30p; students ages 13-18 will audition in a 20-minute block between 5:30p-8:30p. Age is as of August 2, 2020. To schedule your audition appointment block, contact iStage JTF Administrator Sarah Patterson via 713-855-3653 (text/call), email@example.com or Facebook messenger.
– Students are asked to arrive 10 minutes prior to their audition block to allow for check-in. Students will check in at the audition desk but will not receive audition numbers or complete any paperwork. Instead, students will send a digital headshot and resume to Sarah Patterson upon scheduling their audition.
– Students will be required to wear masks to and from the audition room. Once adequately distanced inside the audition studio, students will be allowed to remove their masks or choose to continue wearing throughout the audition.
– Auditions will be closed to parents and anyone not assigned in the scheduled audition block. Parents are required to wait in their cars or outside the studio lobby during the duration of the audition block.
– If you are not comfortable auditioning in person, you are welcome to send a video audition to firstname.lastname@example.org . Video must include presentation of both musical theatre vocal pieces along with the dance combination (see details below).
– Students should prepare 16-32 bars (about 60-90 seconds) of two contrasting musical theatre pieces. These may be contrasting in style, tempo, vocal range, or in any way that shows a different side of you as a performer. Songs should have instrumental/karaoke accompaniment you can play from your device (smart phone, tablet, etc) and connect into our sound system. No live accompanist available.
– Students should also learn from home this dance combination and perform it at auditions. Learn this entire one-minute video with choreography by our own Tyler Davis. (Note: there will NOT be another dance combination taught at auditions.) https://youtu.be/lfDXU2oKhUo
– Students should submit a digital headshot and resume ahead of time; there is no need to bring a physical copy.
– Students will sing their pieces, perform their dance combination, then will be dismissed for the day. Please wear clothing appropriate for dance throughout your audition block, as there will not be time to change clothing for the dance call.
– After these initial JTF 2021 auditions, we will schedule callbacks for specific JTF companies/experiences. At that time, we will announce rehearsal schedules and performance dates. Based on your audition, you will be invited to attend these callbacks and will have the opportunity to express your preference of festival(s) you would like to attend.
– There will be significant (exciting!) changes to the JTF lineup this year, and we know that your preferences have likely changed since we held our JTF Information Session back in March. You will have the opportunity after auditions to reevaluate which JTF experiences you’d like to participate in and attend those callbacks as invited.
Want to workshop some potential titles for JTF 2021 and get audition-ready for JTF? We’re hosting a JTF workshop July 20-24, 5pm-9pm for students ages 8-18 interested in our JTF companies next year. Students will warm up, be divided by experience level, then learn musical numbers from our potential JTF 2021 titles to help our artistic staff choose what shows we want to take to our different JTF experiences. This workshop is open to anyone interested in auditioning for JTF 2021, but, again, will be divided by experience and ability levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced). Click here for more information and to register for the JTF Workshop.
Auditions are open to anyone ages 8-18. Age is at the time of audition (not the age you are at the festival). No one who has graduated high school can attend JTF 2021.
I did not attend the JTF/NPAF info session on March 1. Where can I get more information?
Please contact Sarah Patterson via 713-855-3653 or email@example.com for all info related to JTF/NPAF
What if I’m not available on audition day?
Please send a video audition following the requirements above.
When will specific roles for each show be assigned?
See above section “WHAT COMES NEXT”
What are the dates for each JTF?
Typically, JTF Atlanta is held in January and JTF West is held in February. Tune in to iTheatrics JTF Friday July 31 for an update on festival dates for 2021!